FleishmanHillard Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship (VOX 2018), Dallas in VOX Global Dallas, Texas
Who We Are
Based in Washington, D.C., VOX Global develops and implements communication strategies to help clients reach their target audiences and achieve their organizational objectives. VOX Global is part the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development. For more information, visit www.voxglobal.com .
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship
Alfred Fleishman, one of FleishmanHillard's founders, was dedicated to promoting human rights and helping people from diverse backgrounds communicate with and understand one another. In his honor, VOX Global—a sister agency to FleishmanHillard—will offer the Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship, which is designed to cultivate industry-leading communications talent – particularly among members of historically under-represented groups
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship is an industry-leading program that offers the opportunity for individuals to combine their communication talents with their passion for diversity and inclusion. The paid fellowships are up to six- to 12-months in length and offer benefits, professional development opportunities and a mentor program. Fellows contribute to client projects while rotating among account teams, gaining practical experience in the field of integrated communications from some of the industry’s best counselors.
Want an inside look? Hear from previous program participants in this video .
What You Will Do
- During the fellowship, individuals will have the opportunity to: Write, edit and proofread materials in AP style, including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets, blog posts, website content and client correspondence
- Pitch story ideas to relevant media and participate in brainstorm sessions
- Contribute to the new business process, including research and proposal preparation
- Monitor, research, compile and analyze client media coverage in both online and offline channels
- Contribute to agency diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Individuals within the creative services team will collaborate with both creative and PR team members to develop custom client ready materials
Qualified applicants must have
- A minimum of a 3.2 GPA
- Completion of their junior year of college, though recent graduates are preferred
- Three previous internships or equivalent experiences, at least one of which must be focused on communications, public relations, marketing, advertising or creative services
- A strong career interest in communications or creative services
- A demonstrated passion for advocacy in support of diverse and historically-under-represented voices (ethnic, cultural, religious, or LGBTQ, etc.)
- Proven writing skills, initiative, creative problem-solving skills and proficiency in social media. Applicants for creative fellowships should also demonstrate skills and proficiency in their area of interest (design, video, social content, digital, copywriting, etc.)
- The ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
Criteria to Apply
Your Application Submission Must Include
- Completed application
- Resume and cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation from current or previous employers or educators; please limit each letter to one page
- Two writing samples — news releases, pitch letters, media alerts, newsletter articles, executive summaries, and other relevant writing items; please limit each sample to two pages
- Creative services applicants must include a link to an online portfolio or attach to their application an under 5 MB PDF portfolio in place of writing samples. The submitted portfolio must include at least 2 creative examples
- All materials must be submitted online before an application will be considered complete and ready for review
The 2018 fellowship program will typically begin by May/June 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does VOX provide relocation assistance to fellows? We do not offer financial relocation assistance for the fellowship; however, we do offer information and resources to aid fellows in their housing search.
- Can applicants apply to multiple locations? The program application asks for your top three location preferences, but you may also apply to other locations of interest. In addition, we may contact you to inquire about your interest in locations to which you have not applied if your background aligns with our needs.
- Does VOX provide visa sponsorship for fellows? We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for the fellowship. However, we do accept all applicants who are authorized to work in the United States, including those on student visas.
- How many fellowship positions are available? The number of fellows hired each year varies based on office and business needs at that time.
- What is the duration of the fellowship? Fellowships are intended to last a minimum of six months up to one year.
- When will applicants be contacted for interviews? The interview process begins in March and typically concludes with hiring decisions in late April.
- Where should letters of recommendation be sent? Letters should be submitted as an attachment in your application and can also be emailed to DiversityFellowship@fleishman.com.
- To whom should application materials be addressed? Materials should be addressed to the AFDF Selection Committee.
- Where do I upload materials? Materials should be uploaded under the resume/attachments section of your online application.
All other questions regarding the fellowship should be sent to DiversityFellowship@fleishman.com . Please do not contact the offices directly.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.