Sallyport Global Public Engagement Specialist in Round Rock, Texas
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Public Engagement Specialist to join our Planning and Environmental Team. The Specialist will help our clients engage the public and stakeholders during the project development process. You will build and maintain lists of interested stakeholders and develop innovative and creative approaches for engaging stakeholders and the public and soliciting their input and feedback on proposed projects. You will foster relationships with our clients’ public information officers and communications departments. You will work with a multi-disciplined and highly technical team of engineering, environmental and planning professionals on a variety of transportation projects.
· The majority of your day would be spent authoring public notices, advertisements, social media content, presentations, meeting summaries, and other public-, stakeholder- and client-centric communications.
· Manage the public engagement task for large and complex transportation planning and environmental projects.
· Prepare public outreach materials and make all necessary logistical arrangements to conduct public meetings and hearings.
· Attend and coordinate the attendance of all required personnel to public meetings and hearings, at various locations throughout the state of Texas.
· Work closely with our Texas team on public and stakeholder engagement.
· Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations or a related field; and at least 3-5 years of related experience.
· Outgoing, organized and assertive. Also need to be able to network and build relationships with a wide variety of people.
· Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role.
· Well versed in TxDOT’s public engagement processes specific to the transportation project development process.
· Computer skills (Microsoft Office) and social media savvy. Additional graphic design, publishing, or web design software skills preferred.
· General knowledge of the consulting industry and public engagement expectations of a variety of public entities.
Title: Public Engagement Specialist
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 180630