SMG Human Resources Designee/Administrative Assistant in Laredo, Texas
This position performs all aspects of Human Resource Operations, as well as administration and maintenance of all Facility Benefit Programs, consistent with SMG policies by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows SMG Human Resources policies to assure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Maintains compliance with state regulations concerning employment.
- Administers various Human Resources plans and procedures for all facility personnel.
- Performs recruitment activities. Writes and places advertisements. Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientations.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates training or trains Managers in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance management, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment. Coordinates training or trains employees in SMG Customer Service Training.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Advises the corporate office of EEOC complaints and other employee relations problems.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review and salary administration program.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance. Serves as the COBRA and FMLA Administrator for facility.
- Investigates incidents accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by Director or General Manager.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Answers and screens Director's/General Manager's telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Coordinates Director's/General Manager's schedule and makes appointments.
- Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports as requested.
- Completes monthly facility reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year College or university and/or equivalent combination of education and experience plus 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training
- Experience administering benefit programs
- PHR/SPHR a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Solid knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills essential
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient In Word and Excel. Experience with ADP or HRIS software payroll systems desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; use hands to handle files, type and operate office machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle office correspondence.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Ariel Popa Laredo Energy Arena 6700 Arena Blvd. Laredo, TX 78041
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled