HARRIS COUNTY Specifications & Training Coordinator in Houston, Texas
Under the direction of the Manager of Support Services, the Specifications and Training Coordinator is responsible and accountable for the maintenance, updating and revision of Standard Specifications, Special Specifications, and Standard Civil Drawings; also assists in the implementation of the County's training curriculum.
Performs the duties below; other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Updates and maintains Harris County's Standard Specifications for road & bridge and architecture projects.
- Prepares Special Provisions and Special Specifications for County projects.
- Assists with training event scheduling and presentations.
- Maintains the County's Standard Civil Drawings and makes revisions to them using AutoCAD.
- Assists in the development of new guidelines for road & bridge projects.
- During times of emergency conditions within the County, the employee may be required to work on disaster recovery and perform non-traditional roles.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Not all duties and responsibilities may be included in the above description.
Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture. OR
Associate's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture; and
A minimum of two (2) years of experience within any of the above listed fields. OR
High school diploma or GED equivalent; and
A minimum of four (4) years of experience within the Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture field(s). PLUS
Experience in construction management or in the preparation of construction drawings and specifications.
- Must have working knowledge of AutoCAD and standard computer software programs (Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively with Engineers, Technicians, Consultants, Contractors and Vendors.
NOTE: *To qualify for this position, required experience, education and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but *we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration. Experience obtained while on the military must also be included as part of your employment history on the application. Preferences
- Degree within Engineering field.
- Working knowledge of City of Houston, Harris County, and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) design standards is highly desirable. General Information
Monday - Friday / 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. SALARY:
Commensurate with Experience
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Job Number: 02684
Department: Engineering Department
Closing: 3/25/2018 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240 Houston, Texas, 77002