Steadfast Management Company Leasing Manager - Nob Hill in Houston, Texas
Job Description – Leasing Manager
Reports to: Community Manager
* *Job Summary: Responsible for all phases of marketing, leasing, and administrative efforts of the community.
Important Relationships: * The*Leasing Manager works to establish and maintain positive, productive relationships with the community, government agencies, HUD, TCAC, industry professionals, suppliers, vendors, outside contractors servicing the community, site employees, members of the compliance and accounting departments, and with all residents, ensuring consistent application of Community Policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet, assist, and qualify prospective residents.
- Assist the Community Manager in all functions necessary to effectively operate the community.
- Be familiar with all Regulatory Agreements and related agencies to ensure 100% compliance with all regulations.
- Be aware of all relevant laws and agency regulations, including but not limited to fair housing, sexual harassment, disability accommodations, and landlord-tenant relationships as they apply to the policies and procedures of the company and the community.
- Responsible for training, supervising, and developing leasing personnel in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare marketing plans, leasing strategies, and advertising proposals with assistance of the Community Manager.
- Maintain professional communication with residents, applicants, and other representatives.
- Report all property issues, leasing objections, and potential liabilities along with recommendations for solving such issues to management staff.
- Handle any emergency that may arise on the community following Steadfast policies and procedures.
- Maintain the community files and records ensuring documentation is kept complete and up-to-date, complete required reports, update operations manual, and ensure all compliance procedures and requirements are satisfied.
- Determine strengths and weakness of individual employees and work on goal setting; improving the performance of each person according to his or her capabilities and personal goals.
- Assist Community Manager with employee evaluations and make recommendations for salary increases and/or promotions.
- Assist with special projects and administrative tasks as directed by management staff.
- Coordinate employee shops, which include scheduling evaluations, placing orders, analyzing results, distributing completed evaluations and communicating areas of concern.
- Remain informed of trends in the apartment industry and in surrounding community.
- Organize, coordinate and ensure employee participation in area specific training.
- Develop, implement and monitor property contests/awards/leasing incentives.
- Prepare and maintain complete resident and general office files; keeping proper documentation at all times.
- Assist with compliance procedures as directed by Community Manager and Steadfast corporate office.
- Type business letters and memos using proper grammar and spelling.
- Assist Community Manager with weekly and monthly reports and analysis.
Assist with special projects and administrative tasks as directed by management staff. Marketing & Leasing
Supervise leasing, marketing, and advertising preparation.
- Assist applicants by giving property tours, answering telephone calls, preparing application paperwork, and communicating leases and community policies.
- Exhibit strong demonstration and closing skills when showing prospective residents the community, models, “make ready” apartments, and amenities.
- Understand the target market of your community by outlining marketing goals, preparing regular market surveys, keeping open lines of communication with surrounding communities, and assist management in aiming advertising and promotions.
Review and sign all rental applications, compliance forms, and lease documents for accuracy and compliance with corporate policies. Maintain the Physical Asset
Inspect the property on a regular basis and report all safety hazards, property damage, and needed repairs to maintenance staff. Follow up on repairs to verify completion and compliance with OSHA, property insurance companies, government agencies, and company safety policies and risk management procedures.
- Assist with annual unit inspections to determine budget needs and resident compliance with regulations set forth by federal, state, and local agencies.
- Take maintenance service requests from residents and follow-up on service calls, keeping and filing all copies and related documentation.
- Assist Community Manager with supervision of vacant apartment turnover procedures.
- Monitor purchases of routine office supplies and materials, ensuring expenses are within allocated budget amounts.
Establish and monitor move-in and move-out procedures. Financial Reporting & Controls
Assist management with the completion of required weekly and monthly reporting.
- Assist in the collection of all monies due to the Community (rents, damages, late fees, etc.) and the preparation of receipts.
- Assist in the daily banking procedures.
- Uphold the Steadfast Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Maintain a professional image and attitude.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of three years on-site experience as a Leasing Consultant; preferably experienced with supervising subordinates.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
Consistently demonstrate excellence in the following:
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines.
- Exceptional scheduling and organizational skills.
- Computer literate, specifically MS Word, Excel (advanced level preferred) and Outlook for Windows.
- Experience working with Project Based (Section 8) HUD, Tax Credit (Section 42), and Bond subsidized housing programs depending on property.
- Knowledge of Yardi Residential preferred.
- Knowledge of Initial and Interim Certifications and Mass Annual Recertifications depending on property.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong decision-maker with ability to negotiate effectively.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Positive “can-do” attitude, professionalism and a high level of enthusiasm.
- Must have the ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and climb stairs and ladders as necessary.
- Must have a valid California Drivers License.
- Must have current automobile liability insurance.
- Must have the ability to safely drive a golf cart.
- Ability to manage finances and work within a budget.
- Personal appearance compatible with image of community, positive attitude, good sense of humor, energetic, assertive, and capable role model for subordinates.
- Demonstrate integrity on personal as well as a professional level.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and ability to interact with a variety of people and personality types.
- Ability to solve problems involving residents, equipment failure, and emergency situations while remaining calm, rational, and professional.
- Ability and willingness to substitute for any position when needed; from Community Manager to janitor.
- Goal oriented.
- Driven to further professional growth and education in the industry.
Physical & Mental Demands:
Must be physically and mentally able to perform all of the duties listed under Duties and Responsibilities, all of which are deemed "essential functions of the job." Employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The position requires **mobility within the office, including movement from floor to floor. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a scanner and copy machine. Must be able to deal with the stress associated with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as deemed necessary.
Business Unit: Steadfast Management
Title: Leasing Manager - Nob Hill
Location: TX - Houston - Nob Hill
Metro Area: Houston/Galveston/Brazoria
Postal Code: 77096
Functional Area: On-Site
Requisition Number: 942338
First Open Date: 04/05/2016