HARRIS COUNTY Central Plant MM11 - Rover in Houston, Texas
The Central Plant MM11 - Rover is responsible for installation, repair, and maintenance of equipment and other duties required to maintain functioning building/s or facilities. Performs duties and tasks that are frequently non-routine involving building repairs both cosmetic and structural, repair and maintenance of machinery, electrical wiring and fixtures, water and waste water systems, plumbing, and physical structure in accordance with instructions, blueprints, manuals, and all building codes.
- May apply advanced skills in area of specialization, adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
- Resolves most questions and problems.
- May be required to drive personal or county vehicle to various work sites.
- Assists and trains less experienced co-workers.
Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Three (3) years working with hand tools, and relevant building maintenance experience.
Valid driver's license (Texas upon hire), access to a personal vehicle that can be used to travel to various county facilities and a good driving record. *Additional Requirements *
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in a thorough, neat, and timely manner
- Skilled in the care and use of hand tools and power equipment used in maintenance engineering trades.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills.
- Have a good understanding of installation of equipment and ductwork
- Self-starter possessing the interpersonal skills required to be a productive team player.
- Ability to maintain a courteous, helpful behavior at all times.
- May be required to obtain license in assigned area.
- Ability to pass security check and drug test, as required.
This is a Safety Sensitive position and will be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
NOTE: *Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but *ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration.
- Three (3) years hands-on in various aspects of building engineering operations, repairs, and maintenance of commercial and/or industrial facilities such as air handlers, pumps, boilers, chillers, motors
- Two (2) years of related technical school or courses.
- Universal EPA certification. General Information
- May work outside in all kinds of weather; may work with no air conditioning or heating.
- Will work in cramped and awkward positions with all types of mechanical tools, electric and other equipment, and may be exposed to dust, dirt, paint fumes, etc.
- Will work on ladders and scaffolding; duties require standing, sitting, stretching, bending, stooping, climbing, frequent lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment, supplies, and tools and must have the ability to safely install rigging/lifting devices for heavier items.
*JOB LOCATION: *
- 1303 Preston Houston TX 77002
- 40 hours per week in eight hour shifts in a 24-hour per day/7 day per week operation normally
Subject to early morning, evening, weekend, overtime and Holiday work as required. SALARY:
Based on 26 Pay Periods
- Commensurate with experience
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Department: Engineering Department-Facilities and Property Maintenance
Job Number: 02920
Closing: 5/11/2018 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240 Houston, Texas, 77002