GKN Sourcing Commodity Manager - Composites & Assembly in Dallas, Texas
Sourcing Commodity Manager - Composites & Assembly
Country: United States
Work Location: Dallas
Advertising End Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Sourcing Commodity Manager – Composites & Assembly will develop and implement Material Commodity Strategies that support the business unit, functional and GKN Aerospace goals through the use of leveraged sourcing and optimization of the supply chain. Develop and maintain relationships with strategic suppliers on assigned commodities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Develop and implement sourcing strategies and objectives in support of the business unit, functional and GKN Aerospace objectives.
Assist in the development of annual material and procurement budgets. Identify and implement strategies to achieve them.
Act as the site expert for assigned commodities. Maintain current knowledge of assigned commodities, report on associated market trends, and maintain intelligence on assigned suppliers and on supply and demand dynamics in the marketplace.
Develop and implement strategies to ensure the supply chain is capable to support the business and deliver best value products.
Develop and maintain supplier and material spend databases.
Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of supply chain portal and other supplier communications. Act as the lead agent for supplier contract negotiations on commodities as assigned. Administer purchase orders from creation to delivery of goods, including expediting as necessary.
Represent GKN in an ethical and professional manner.
Act as the lead coordinator for supply chain in the development of material estimates for new business proposals. Develop and establish costed bills of material for use in proposal development by Contracts and Estimating department. Lead audits for material pricing with customers or government agencies.
Develop and implement new supply agreements and establish new material sources as needed to meet all business requirements.
Project manager for supply chain on new programs. Act as lead coordinator and purchase tooling with guidance from the tooling engineering department.Expediting and tracking of current orders including tooling.
Support GKN Aerospace supply chain goals and initiatives as directed.
Must be willing to travel up to 25%
· BS/BA in engineering, supply chain or business-related field preferred. Combination of education and relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
· 5 or more years of experience in strategic sourcing, procurement or supply chain management.
· 3 years of negotiating skills including experience in commodity negotiations.
· Experience sourcing for Composite commodities (composite layups, glass layups, composite assembly) is strongly preferred
· Aerospace experience preferred.
· Comprehensive knowledge of data analysis, purchasing practice, pricing structure, products and services, vendor relationships, and market analysis for trends. Understands Lean Manufacturing/Operations and technical problem-solving concepts and techniques.
· Strong analytical skills including ability to construct and execute multiple complex analyses (e.g. Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Economic Value to Customer (EVC), Net Present Value (NPV) simultaneously. Ability to translate implications of analyses into preliminary recommendations.
· Ability to perform cost-benefit analysis and prepare reports/charts/graphs that concisely present interpretations of information for stakeholders
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
· Strong personal computer skills (MS Office Suite), specifically Excel expertise, and strong grounding in ERP systems and software are required.
· Estimating, including RFQ activity and development of proposals
· FAR/DFAR knowledge a plus.
· Ability to read drawings and models preferred
· Mathematical and financial acumen required
· Frequently required to spend long hours sitting at a work stations and using office equipment.
· May be required to walk or stand for brief periods
· May be required to use stairs when elevator is not available
· May occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move up to 25 pounds of office supplies and materials
· May be required to reach with arms and hands and to stoop, kneel or crouch
· Must be able to manage a number of projects, demands and situations at one time
· Must be able to handle stress associated with tight deadlines for completing task
ONLY APPLICATIONS THAT INCLUDE RESUMES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.