Cumuls Broadcasting Broadcast IT Engineer in Dallas, Texas
*Broadcast IT Engineer *
Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of computers, LAN/WAN networks and telecommunication equipment. May also assist the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer with the installation, maintenance and repair of studio, transmitting and ancillary equipment in order to maintain competitive signals in the market.
Who We Are:
A leader in the Radio Broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 452 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,200 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports and entertainment, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, and the GRAMMY's. Additionally, it is the nation's leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, NASH Country Weekly Online, concerts, licensed products and Television / Video.
- Maintain maximum up-time for all computer system and LAN/WAN networks.
- Follow routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all network and computer equipment
- May assist on the installation and maintenance of control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
- Responsibilities include keeping systems patched and software up to date, ensuring anti-virus software is current and operating correctly and being on 24/7 in the event of an off-air emergency.
- Must be willing to learn about radio automations and routing systems.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server 2000-2003-2005-2008, MySQL, Microsoft IIS, Apache, Mac iOS, Microsoft Office and Exchange clients.
- Routing/Switching: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast, VOIP
- Internet Security: Firewall (PIX/ASA, Barracuda), Intrusion Detection Services, NAT, Policy Routing, DMZ, VPN (IPSec, L2TP)
- LAN/WAN architectures including Ethernet, Spanning Tree, ISL and Point to Point Circuits.
- Cisco PIX/ASA firewalls, Cisco Switches, Cisco IP Routers, Cisco VOIP, etc.
- Experience with packet level network troubleshooting.
- Adtran Atlas DACS, Adtran T1/T3 CSU/DSUs, ISDN BRI and PRIs.
- Interact with management and staff at all levels and ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
- Computer audio including WAV, MP2, MP3, AAC.
- May be required to lift 50 pounds
- Minimum 3+ years in IT related field
Education and Licensing:
- Microsoft MCSE preferred
- Cisco CCNA or above preferred
- SBE CBNT a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Continuing education to maintain knowledge on the latest systems and technology.
- Must possess valid state driver’s license and provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance with HAS and company match
- 401K with company match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
For more information about Cumulus Media or to apply, please visit www.cumulus.com
*Cumulus Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. *
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Department: Engineering and Technical
Location: Dallas, TX