HARRIS COUNTY Project Supervisor in Tomball, Texas
The incumbent oversees the planning, and implementation of trail construction projects and other anchor park development projects along the greenways. Use heavy equipment to remove trees/ brush, regrade land, plotting, digging, and lay asphalt safely, productively, and efficiently. Will require working alone at times or teaming with other heavy equipment operators. Construction management skills, a class B CDL, supervisory experience, surveying experience and/or the ability to read and interpret engineered plans are major indicators of a candidate's ability to do this job but applicants need not have all of these skills to apply.
Performs the duties below; other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate.
- Defines the scope of the project in collaboration with the Parks Director and Superintendent.
- Determines the resources (time and equipment) required to complete projects.
- Develops a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Monitors the progress for the project and makes adjustments as necessary to ensure completion of the project.
- Reviews the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets project standards.
- Supervises crew members, orders supplies and coordinates various trades.
- Utilizes heavy equipment to prepare and clear land.
- Proficiently operates any and all core equipment, including: dozers, compactors, excavators, loaders and graders, asphalt laying machines, rollers, tractors and forestry mowers.
- Follows site grading and operations plans, reads grade stakes and operates in a medium to fine grade environment.
- May build level and excavate land surfaces using graders and other construction equipment.
- Gathers and loads dirt and waste products from job site onto trucks.
- Drives loaded tandem rig dump trucks, and heavy equipment trailers.
- Operates small engine equipment, such as chain saws, 4-wheeled ATV's, cement mixers, and jackhammers.
Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in heavy equipment operation.
- Must have verifiable working experience with asphalt.
- A valid Texas Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class B and a good driving record is required.
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
- Physical ability to perform job duties, including: regularly standing; walking; using hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, including integrated hand and foot controls; reaching with hands and arms; climbing or balancing; and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling; occasionally sitting, talking or hearing, and tasting or smelling.
- Must regularly lift and/ or move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently lift and/or move twenty-five (25) pounds, and occasionally lift and/ or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job, including: distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions and airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy.
The environmental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met/encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a post-offer criminal history background check.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but* ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration.*
Ability to effectively read and interpret engineering blueprints.
Burroughs Park, Tomball, Texas WORK HOURS:
5:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Thursday SALARY:
Based on 26 Pay Periods
Harris County Precinct 4 strives to maintain a drug and alcohol free environment in the workplace. All new employees are required to pass a drug and alcohol-screening test and may be subject to random testing as a condition of continued employment.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Tomball, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Job Number: 02346
Department: Commissioner Precinct 4
Closing: 10/20/2017 10:36 AM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 170 Houston, Texas, 77002.