HARRIS COUNTY Lead Remediation Risk Assessor Specialist in Pasadena, Texas
The Lead Remediation Risk Assessor Specialist will insure lead based paint abatements are assessed and completed in a timely manner to reduce lead poisoning risks through proper designs, construction, and clearance; works in conjunction with home occupants, and other staff to see that abatements are completed.
- Performs lead assessments in accordance with state and federal rules.
- Identifies any repair that may need to be done to the home so the lead paint abatement can be completed.
- Communicates with the home occupants and owners to assure that they are aware of the work to be done and that they make the necessary choices, such as paint color, to assure a satisfactory job.
- Oversees contractors performing the abatement to assure work is completed satisfactorily and in compliance with all appropriate rules.
Communicates with the Manager, HCIS inspectors and other staff as required to assure coordination of work within the lead based paint abatement program. Administration
Prepares reports specifying the lead hazard removal and necessary repairs for single-family homes.
- Coordinates with the Relocation Specialist and the Abatement Contractor so the family is out of the house the minimum amount of time.
- Notifies testing companies when clearance testing is required.
- Reviews the results to assure safety of returning occupants.
Prepares reports of daily activities and mileage as required. Other
Performs other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event. Requirements
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent; and
- Three (3) years of experience in inspection, work specification development or project management of single-family home construction, lead abatement, asbestos removal, or other environmental remediation work.
- Familiar with standard building practices for single-family homes.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully and respectfully with clients, contractors, and coworkers.
- Ability to schedule and perform work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Must be capable of reading maps to find houses throughout Harris County.
- Ability to develop work specifications according to state and federal rules.
A valid driver's license (Texas upon hire). Additional Requirements
If Lead Risk Assessor Certification is not held with the State of Texas; the individual must take and pass the exam within three (3) months of employment. Environmental and Physical Requirements
Must be physically capable of working outdoors year-round in inclement weather and fulfilling inspection duties which includes climbing ladders measuring dimensions of houses and lifting small items.
NOTE: *Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but *we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration. Preferences
- Certification as a Lead Risk Assessor.
- Experience as a lead assessor.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish. General Information
Pasadena, Texas *HOURS: *
40 Hours Per Week *SALARY: *
Will Be Discussed During Departmental Interview
- Based on 26 Pay Periods **Additional Information - Core Competencies
- Understands the organizational mission.
- Understands ethics and public good; is concerned with public trust.
Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others. Collaboration
Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the group.
Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs. Innovation
Ability to adapt to change. *Interpersonal Abilities/Personal Characteristics *
Uses sound judgment.
Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for maximum productivity. Communication
Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Written and verbal English competency.
- Able to read and follow directions.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Pasadena, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Job Number: 02460
Department: Public Health Services
Closing: 10/27/2017 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 170 Houston, Texas, 77002.