HARRIS COUNTY Tunnel Operator II in Houston, Texas
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, the incumbent provides a variety of quality maintenance for Precinct 2.
Performs the duties below; other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Performs guard duties and traffic control.
- Performs all routine, non-technical maintenance as assigned, including: painting, cleaning buildings, restrooms, power washing, sweeping, watering plants, etc.
- Checks all heavy load trucks and trailers for hazardous materials, unsafe loads, height, weight, requirements, etc.
- Assists with vehicle accident reports in and around tunnel area.
- Observes and enforces all rules and regulations for vehicles traveling through tunnel.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and litter around tunnel area and roadways.
- Operates and maintains construction equipment, including: chainsaws, pole saws, mowers, mechanical cutters, forklifts, sweepers, water trucks, and wreckers.
- Performs all jobs in a safe and timely manner.
Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent from an accredited educational institution; and
- A minimum of one (1) year of guard and traffic control experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with public and other staff members.
- Valid driver's license (Texas by hire date) and a good driving record.
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
- Physical ability to perform job duties, including: walking, bending, climbing stairs, and standing for extended periods of time and flagging traffic.
- Must regularly lift and/or move at least fifty (50) pounds.
Ability to work in inclement weather and confined areas. Additional Requirements:
Must undergo physical exam.
- Must attain a Class "B" (CDL) commercial driver's license with Tanker Endorsement within 180 days of hire; or a class "A" (CDL) commercial driver's license and special endorsements, if job required.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but* ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration.*
Houston, TX 77015 HOURS:
40 Hours per Week / As Assigned / Various Shifts Including Weekends and Holidays
(Emergency situations may require additional hours without prior notice) SALARY:
Based on 26 Pay Periods
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Salary: $13.00 - $15.00 Hourly
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Job Number: 02357
Department: Commissioner Precinct 2
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 170 Houston, Texas, 77002.