HARRIS COUNTY Road Maintenance/Equipment Operator in Houston, Texas
Operators, under the general supervision of a Foreman, participate in the maintenance, repair and upkeep of County roadways, rights-of way, and hike-and-bike trails. This position is a Temp-to-Perm position, requiring an initial 90-day term as a temporary employee.
- Cleans ditches and culverts of brush, trash, and rubbish.
- Trims overhanging branches and bushes.
- Patches potholes with asphalt and repairs concrete sidewalks.
- Picks up trash along roadways and rights-of-way.
- Drives pick-up trucks to transport crew and equipment to work-site.
- Drives tractors with mower attachment to cut grass along roadways, rights-of-way, and hike-and-bike trails.
- Operates slope, wing, and bush hog mowers.
- Uses shovels, rakes, weed-eaters, and other equipment.
Performs related work as assigned. Requirements
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in roadway mowing and trash removal.
- Good knowledge of tools, materials, equipment, and procedures required to perform tasks.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to operate a tractor, mower, and other power equipment.
Valid driver's license (Texas upon hire) with a safe driving record. Environmental and Physical Requirements:
Good physical condition and agility needed to perform strenuous tasks under varying weather conditions; extreme cold, extreme heat and wet and/or humid conditions. Additional Requirements:
Must obtain a Texas Commercial Driver's License (CDL) "Class B" within 90 days of hire.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but* ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration.*
40 Hours per week / Monday - Friday *SALARY: *
Based on 26 Pay Periods
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Salary: $13.95 Hourly
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Job Number: 02356
Department: Commissioner Precinct 1
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 170 Houston, Texas, 77002.