HARRIS COUNTY Mechanic II in Houston, Texas
Under general supervision, the Mechanic II performs intermediate skilled work maintaining and repairing automotive fleet and small equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs and maintenance of small engines and various other equipment.
- Inspects and services automobiles, trucks, and other equipment.
- Changes and repairs tires and responds to road service calls.
- Tows broken-down vehicles.
- Performs tune-ups on cars, trucks, tractors, and small engines.
- Diagnoses heating and air-conditioning systems and makes repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical controls and motors.
- Inspects suspension and exhaust systems and makes repairs.
- Assists in the overhaul and replacement of major drive train components such as engines, transmissions, etc.
- Assists in ordering and obtaining necessary parks and supplies.
- Fuels, washes, and cleans administrative vehicles.
- Assists in coordinating the use of administrative vehicles.
- Performs welding services as needed.
- Provides assistance to other crews as needed.
- Responds to after-hour emergencies as requested.
Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements
A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of verifiable automotive repair experience.
- Must have knowledge of parts, materials, tools and procedures used in repairing and servicing light and heavy-duty automotive and non-automotive equipment.
- Must have good physical condition and agility needed to perform strenuous tasks under various weather conditions.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions and work well with others.
Valid driver's license (Texas upon hire) with a safe driving record. Additional Requirements:
Must obtain a Texas Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class B within three (3) months of hire.
NOTE: *To qualify for this position, required experience, education and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but *we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration. Experience obtained while on the military must also be included as part of your employment history on the application. Preferences
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. General Information
Miller Road Service Center / Houston, TX 77049 HOURS:
7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. / Monday - Friday SALARY:
Will Be Discussed In Departmental Interview
- Based On 26 Pay Periods
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Job Number: 02254
Department: Commissioner Precinct 1
Closing: 10/22/2017 12:00 AM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 170 Houston, Texas, 77002.