HARRIS COUNTY Maintenance Mechanic II in Houston, Texas
Responsible for installation, repair, and maintenance of equipment and other duties required to maintain functioning building/s or facilities.
- Performs duties and tasks that are frequently non-routine involving building repairs both cosmetic and structural, repair and maintenance of machinery, electrical wiring and fixtures, water and waste water systems, plumbing, and physical structure in accordance with instructions, blueprints, manuals, and all building codes.
- May apply advanced skills in area of specialization, adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
- Resolves most questions and problems.
- May be required to drive personal or county vehicle to various work sites.
- Assists and trains less experienced co-workers.
Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. Plus
Five (5) or more years, hands-on in building engineering operations, repairs, and maintenance of commercial and/or industrial facilities. Requirements
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in a thorough, neat, and timely manner.
- Skilled in the care and use of hand tools and power equipment used in maintenance engineering trades and display mechanical aptitude.
- A good understanding of installation of equipment and ductwork.
- Self-starter possessing the interpersonal skills required to be a productive team player.
- Ability to work on ladders and scaffolding; duties require standing, sitting, stretching, bending, stooping, climbing, frequent lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment, supplies, and tools.
- Ability to safely install rigging/lifting devices for heavier items.
- Will work in cramped and awkward positions with all types of mechanical tools, electric and other equipment, and may be exposed to dust, dirt, paint fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain a courteous, helpful behavior at all times.
Valid driver's license (Texas upon hire) and a good driving record. *Work Environment *
May work outside in all kinds of weather.
- May work with no air conditioning or heating.
Must be able to pass security check and drug test, as required.
- May be required to obtain license in assigned area.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but* ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration.*
- Universal EPA Certification.
- Two (2) years of related technical school or courses. General Information
- Monday - Friday / 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Subject to Early Mornings, Evenings, Weekends, and/or Holiday Work As Needed. *SALARY: *
Salary Commensurate with experience.
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
This position is Safety Sensitive and subject to random drug and alcohol screening. Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to advertised closing date.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Job Number: 02063
Department: Engineering Department
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 170 Houston, Texas, 77002.