HARRIS COUNTY Assistant Court Manager in Houston, Texas
The Assistant Court Manager will support the County Criminal Courts' Court Manager in the administration and management of the Harris County limited jurisdiction trial courts: i.e. civil, criminal, and justice of the peace courts.
**Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists in managing the Office of Court Management.
- Develops a strategic plan for the information technology needs of the department and courts served by the department.
- Assists in the management of departmental and court facilities and infrastructure needs.
- Conducts special studies, system analysis and evaluation of current policies and procedures for the Court Manager.
- Monitors compliance with administrative rules, policies and procedures.
- Develops, monitors and assesses staff training needs, requirements and certifications.
- Performs as a facilitator for the Court Manager.
- Represents the department at county meetings.
Performs additional duties as directed by the Court Manager. **Fiscal Responsibilities:
Develops budgets to support the technical needs of the department.
Assists in the development and monitoring of departmental operational budgets. **Statistical Reporting:
Monitors the collection and reporting of court performance standards.
- Manages requests for analysis of court activity.
Oversees development of departmental websites including web reporting of court performance standards. **Court Management:
Researches and recommends changes to administrative processes through adoption of advances in technology or changes in case law, court rules, or statute.
- Coordinates the development of a data quality plan for the courts served by the department, with appropriate justice system partners.
Coordinates with other agencies to implement legislative mandates for court processes. Requirements
Bachelor's Degree; and
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in court operations and management.
- A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Certified Court Manager certification from the National Center for State Courts Institute for Court Management (ICM).
- Knowledge of the civil and criminal justice systems and justice administration.
- Knowledge of caseflow management principles and their application in an integrated justice environment.
- Knowledge of the state legal and administrative process.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of management and public officials.
- Ability to execute conceptual plans into court programs.
- Ability to clearly and effectively present complex ideas to a broad audience.
NOTE: *To qualify for this position, all requirements must be covered and clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but *we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration; unless, your qualifications are also clearly stated on the application itself. Preferences
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Criminal Justice or a closely related field.
- ICM Certified Court Executive or ICM Fellow graduate. General Information
Monday - Friday / 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. SALARY:
Commensurate With Experience
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date*.*
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Job Number: 02498
Department: Criminal Courts at Law
Closing: 11/3/2017 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 170 Houston, Texas, 77002.