HARRIS COUNTY Applications Systems Analyst Programmer II in Houston, Texas
The incumbent will be responsible for the development and maintenance of all applications and databases necessary to support the department's functional responsibilities, promote effective and efficient operations, and facilitate evaluation of performance and outcome measures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops custom software in multiple programming and scripting languages.
- Develops architectural standards, frameworks, patterns and standards.
- Improves existing solutions deployed in production.
- Provides technical and architectural guidance to technical staff within Pretrial Services.
- Distributes multi-tier application using C#, MVC, WCF, WEB API and SQL Server.
- Designs, develops, tests and implements data warehouse solutions.
- Coordinates technical work in conjunction with Pretrial Services, vendors, and other county departments.
- Develops analytical reports and dashboards.
- Tunes database tables, functions, queries, stored procedures and SSIS packages.
- Creates, monitors, and maintains ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes from various data sources (i.e. File Maker Pro, SQL Server, text files, MS Access).
- Implements and maintains database backups, restores and recovers models.
Performs other duties as assigned by the IT Manager. Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in software engineering, programming and systems analysis, and integration.
- Experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Defining architectural standards,
- Implementing modern application Design Patterns,
- C#, jQuery, .Net Framework 4.5, Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server, N-tier architecture, Entity Framework (EF), Model-view-controller (MVC), SQL Server Integrations Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) multidimensional, Team Foundation Server Architecture (TFS),
- Installations and Configuration.
Good oral and written communication skills. Additional Requirements:
Position requires continuous computer use and sitting for long periods.
- Upon receiving a conditional offer of employment, all applicants are screened for the presence of illegal drugs.
- All new employees are required to present evidence of a TB skin test prior to employment.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but* ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume"* will not be accepted for qualifications. General Information
- 40 Hours per Week / Monday – Friday
- Subject to Work Nights and Weekends Including Holidays * *
- Commensurate With Qualifications
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Job Number: 02164
Department: Pretrial Services
Closing: 10/30/2017 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 170 Houston, Texas, 77002.