TD Industries Inc Business Development Manager in Dallas, Texas
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a difference and enjoy being a part of a collaborative and innovative team? At TDIndustries, we pride ourselves on offering rewarding careers and have been recognized among FORTUNE Magazine’s “Best Companies to Work For”, 20 years in a row! TDIndustries is an employee-owned organization who leads the way in Facility Management Services and Mechanical Construction.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to assist the Facility Management Services team with obtaining new Facility Management Services contracts and meeting established sales revenue and margin goals. Cultivates existing relationships and develops new business associations to assure growth of the business. Manages the Business Unit's marketing and communications efforts to support positive market place branding. Utilizes existing and develops new technical proposals defining TDIndustries' Facility Management offerings.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Develops business objectives and strategies to support overall Business Unit revenue goals in an assigned market segment or with specific customers.
- Schedules and conducts sales prospecting, actively promoting TDIndustries' value proposition, working to identify technical solutions and facility operational expertise.
- Builds and manages long term relationships/partnerships with target potential customers.
- Active participation in industry associations to enhance business relationships within the industry.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, exhibiting good leadership skills during the sales process and over the life of the contract.
- Analyzes potential work to ensure the scope, complexity, schedule and other requirements fit the FMS business plan.
- Serves as an integral member of the project transition team, working closely with the operations managers, during initial job planning meetings and the effective project transition to TDIndustries.
- Builds partnering relationships with building owners or the executive level representatives responsible for the decision making process to drive the diverse sale of TDIndustries' offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns by understanding the customer's business and speaking their language. Demonstrates technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Conducts in-depth customer needs audits. Recommends solutions based on meeting and exceeding stated needs. Differentiates TDIndustries' services from competitors based on business benefits.
- Positively and credibly influences facility strategies with owners.
- Frequently creates competitive, high quality, timely proposals and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, presents and communicates detailed customized technical proposals.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in target accounts.
- Communicate and work closely with other TDIndustries' business units and geographic locations to assure total lifecycle solutions selling the entire company's capabilities.
- Develops and manages current marketing brochures, proposal documents and advertising campaigns.
- Develops and executes marketing strategies to increase the Facilities business base according to the business unit strategic plan.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Five (5) + years of direct experience in facilities services outsourcing sales.
- Team collaboration with the creation of detailed customized, competitive, high quality, timely proposals.
- Smooth and effective project transition knowledge to include customer support, coordination of integrated support services, subcontractors, and adherence to M/W/DBE contract requirements as specified by customers and TD.
- Stable work history showing responsibility and professional growth.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience desired.
- Ability to effortlessly present to potential business clients on our capabilities.
- Excellent math, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task due to the extensive coordinating activities related to sales.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normally works in an office setting, but conducts project walk-throughs in basements, mechanical rooms, on rooftops, or customer offices.
- Must be able to work varying hours, weekends and holidays as needed to support and attain sales goals.
- Must have reliable transportation.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Dallas, TX