BH Management Services Inc. Leasing Manager - Abilene, TX Area in Abilene, Texas
LEASING MANAGER - ABILENE, TX AREA
*One weekend per month required *
(3) Weeks PTO in 1st year
Birthday – paid day off
Volunteer time off each year
Medical Benefits – 1st of month following 30 days
401k + match – 1st quarter after 90 days
*Join a growing and successful industry leader in multi-family assets! *
As a Leasing Manager you would oversee the entire leasing operations for the community.
About BH Management:
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 1,600-plus employees. BH Management currently has over 220 communities spread over multiple states and is continuously growing. This ranks BH Management Services 12th out of the 50 largest management companies in the United States. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer.
- Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Directly supervises, trains and motivates the leasing consultants and helps facilitate the successful development of the leasing office.
- Responsible for ensuring the marketing, motivation, administrative, and financial operation of the property under the direction of the Property Manager.
- Maintains a strong understanding of the community, specials and floor plans.
- Assist the Property Manager in interviewing, orientation, training and scheduling of all leasing office personnel.
- Designs and/or assists the Regional Marketing Specialist with marketing plans and promotes the idea of reaching goals outlined in the plans. Identifies potential residents utilizing market and demographic data as well as industry knowledge.
- Assist the on-site staff in marketing all units, determining leasing problems, offering solutions to vacancies and re-marketing the property to current residents.
- Informs the Property Manager of current market conditions which may impact the community; identifies and generates traffic of potential residents by utilizing market data and industry knowledge.
- Generates new business contacts, marketing ideas, and competitive shops to increase occupancy.
- Establishes and/or may assist the Regional Marketing Specialist with a marketing strategy and annual marketing budget. Assists in marketing promotions and the development and placement of ads, flyers and promotional material.
Responsible for maintaining a closing ratio of 40% or higher and 80% or higher on shopping reports.
Oversees the shopping of competitive properties to stay abreast of industry trends.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of company goals and work to enhance its overall image in the market.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or Marketing preferred
- Five (5)+ years leasing experience preferred
- Previous Leasing Manager experience preferred
- Strong leadership, training and mentoring skills
- Strong understanding of Company policies, Fair Housing guidelines and leasing documents
- Strong marketing background, plans, strategies and advertising methods
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to attain a score an 80% or better on all shopping reports
- Yardi Voyager experience required
- MS Office Word/Excel experience required
- A valid driver’s license may be required
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- A positive, motivating and team-oriented attitude
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to exceed in a very competitive environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
Physical Requirements/Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
*Temperature/Climate: *This position will work in various indoor and outdoor environments based on the tasks that need to be completed.
*Safety Considerations: * This position may operate company vehicles or office type equipment. May have exposure to a variety of physical building conditions during maintenance and/or rehabilitation projects.
*Physical/Mental/Organizational Capabilities: * The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, push/pull, carry, and/or move up to 30 pounds occasionally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to reach with hands and arms; stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, technological equipment, tools, or controls.
*Visual/Hearing Capabilities: *The visual ability necessary to read and interpret a computer screen is required. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles. The hearing ability necessary to communicate with others is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with employees and customers on all levels of the organization.
Work Schedule: Will normally work a Monday-Friday schedule (8am-5pm or 9am-6pm) with rotating weekends; (hours may vary to meet the business needs of the property)
At BH our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Your Health Plans :
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Competitive compensation and earnings potential
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Training/mentoring programs
- Internal opportunities for career advancements
- Educational Reimbursement
Your Money Management:
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with Company match
- Direct Deposit
Your Work Life Balance:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Location: Abilene, TX Area
Job Code: Leasing Manager
# of openings: 1